After a sleepless night in Eğirdir because of Isaiah feeling so yucky with his chicken pox, we headed 5 1/2 hours northeast to the capital city of Ankara.
The only downside was that this stretch our trip was on really windy roads. Not at all good for Vienna who gets carsick easily and she ended up throwing up in the van.
But we made it and it was nice to be greeted by cooler Ankara weather (and by cooler I'm talking low 90s here - ha!). We stayed in Ankara for two nights with some friends.
Joel jumped right into work the morning after we arrived and it was fun for me and the kids to be able to tag along and see how much progress has been made on the bags since Joel's last visit.
The women had already made over 30 bags!
We enjoyed meeting all the women and they especially enjoyed meeting Isaiah.
I loved watching Joel, who was totally in his element even though he was teaching all of this in Turkish. I am so proud of him!








No comments:
Post a Comment