Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm holding out for Saturday

These last 7 days I have basically been in survival mode. The days have been go non-stop and in the evenings when all the kids are in bed, I have no mental or physical energy left. I have a new appreciation for single moms, I don't know how they do it! And I am also so thankful for Joel who is the absolute greatest husband and the best dad ever and is involved in every aspect of parenting.

This last week has been somewhat of a blur. Our house is just chaotic! It's hard to finish a sentence without being interrupted by one of the 5 young children running around. It's nearly impossible to get enough to eat at mealtimes since Melanie and I are constantly getting up and down to refill cups, to pick up utensils off the floor, to take screaming children to time-out, to wipe up the many, many spills . . . you get the picture. We have actually resorted to standing up and eating (so we're ready to take action) while all the kids sit down and we usually eat our 2nd dinner after the kids go to bed.

Living together has been a bit nuts and there is not a quiet moment in this house until after 8:30 pm. But I am so glad we are staying together while the guys are gone because I would be so lonely without my sister here! As much as the noise level makes me crazy, I love having a busy house full of kids where there is never a dull moment! Our next door neighbor girl has even joined in on the fun a few nights! Hey, what is one more, right?

Only 3 more days till Saturday :)

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! He'll be back to you, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was little, I used to wonder why my mom always stood up to eat. Now that I'm a mom, I understand. :)

    ReplyDelete