Sunday, February 13, 2011

Last Wednesday we headed out to Huntingdon County (about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Lancaster) to spend some time with Joel's family. I wasn't sure how Yohanis would do with the change, but he has been doing awesome! We actually haven't had a hard day since last Saturday. I am seeing such a huge difference in Yohanis from last week to this week.

Last week when he would get upset about something he would completely shut down and wouldn't want us to look at him, talk to him or hold him and it could take him up to an hour to come around again. This week has been completely different. If he gets upset about something he will come to me (even if I'm the one he's upset at) and let me snuggle him and he is over it in less than five minutes. I'm amazed at the change in him. He is the sweetest little boy and brings so much joy to our family.  

We've been having fun up here in the mountains. The kids love being here. The other day we made a campfire and the kids had a blast playing in the snow and then sitting around the fire when they got cold. Then after dinner we made mountain pies.

For those of you that have no idea what I'm talking about, a mountain pie is made by buttering two pieces of bread and in between them you put either cheese or fruit filling. Then you place the sandwich inside the pie iron (pictured below) and cook it over the fire and a few minutes later you have a perfectly toasted sandwich. We made apple mountain pies and they were delicious!!




Some pictures from the day:







4 comments:

  1. We are excited to let Tesfaye keep up with his buddy on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that look slike so much fun! especially love the one of you & the kids on the swing - a framer for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever my family gets together in the summer, we never fail to bring our pie irons. LOVE THEM. We put peanut butter and jam in ours mostly though. :)

    I am so glad everything is going well with Yohanis. Your family is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up on my blog reading and can I say AWESOME! That things are going well for all of you! So glad to hear Yohanis is adjusting so well and so quickly. Love all the pics...makes me miss the snow even though it has been gorgeous here! On a random side note, I went to college at St. Francis in Loretto...close to Huntingdon county! Such a small world!!

    ReplyDelete