Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lately Colson loves to hear me talk about when he was a baby. 

Several times throughout the day he will say, "Mommy, tell me a story from when I was a baby."

Then I scoop him up in my arms, hold him like a baby and tell him story after story. They never get old, he loves it! He could stay like that all day long and listen to me tell him stories. I love holding him close and giggling with him about the times he spit up all over the place when he was a baby.


Colson dropped his afternoon nap a long time ago, so I couldn't believe that he fell asleep on the couch today!



I enjoyed snuggling my sleepy Colson.
But it also makes me sad, because we won't ever have those kind of stories to share with Yohannes. There are parts of his story that we will never know and that makes my heart ache. We missed out on so much! He is my son, yet I don't know when he smiled for the first time, got his first tooth, took his first steps, said his first word. All those big milestones, we missed out on all of them!

But I will end on a happy note - we got another picture of Yohannes from a traveling family!! It does my heart good to see that he looks so happy!


We haven't heard word on our embassy appointment yet, but we're praying hard that we'll be able to travel in the beginning of December! We can't wait to get him home!

2 comments:

  1. Love him--what a sweet smile.

    Our attachment therapist explained to us that it is helpful to tell Noemi (as she gets older, of course) what we would have done if we had had her as an infant to help write a story for her in her head. "If I had had you when you were an itty bitty baby I would have rocked you like this and kissed you like this and..." Fill in the blanks. I do feel like this arms me with something to say and helps bridge that gap...

    Keep the pics coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember holding Colson at a softball game and having him promptly spit up all over me...on my shorts, down my leg all over my sandals. So I had to take a trip to the bathroom and try to clean him and myself up while using one of those faucets that only work when you hold them down...try holding a squirmy baby while cleaning him and yourself with only one hand...it was a mess, but still makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete