Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Vienna!

My baby girl turns two years old today! How is that possible? She is growing up so fast and I don't like it, not one bit! It's crazy how time passes so quickly. I remember when she was a baby and would CRY like you would not believe, seriously, she had an amazing set of lungs (and still does). I remember thinking, "I can't wait until she's out of this fussy newborn stage!" And now I'm thinking back on those sleepless nights and I really do miss them! Crazy. 

But I also love the stage Vienna's in right now. We're starting to see a lot more of her little personality emerge and we just love our Nenna to bits!

Some things Vienna loves:

- her blankie (we can't go anywhere without it). Of course, thumb-sucking also accompanies the blankie.

- the Turkish pop song about Facebook (yes, there is a song in Turkish about Facebook and my kids love to dance to it. It is so cute - my kids dancing, that is, not the song so much. It's getting old quickly as it's usually requested at least 20 times a day). 


- socks, shoes, slippers. Right now Vienna is in a stage where she loves putting things on her feet. Of course, this includes my shoes, Joel's shoes and Colson's shoes too.


- books. Give this girl a big stack of books and she's happy for a long time! She loves to page through the books and pretend she's reading. 

-  making tea. She loves, loves, loves to get our her little tea set and pass out cups of "chai" to all of us and make sure we pretend to drink it.


- being organized (she's her mother's daughter)! She likes to line things up. It doesn't matter what she's playing with (a puzzle, legos, cars, books), she has to line everything up in a nice, neat row. She also loves cleaning up. I never have a problem with her when I tell the kids to clean up, she'll start singing the "clean-up" song and put all her toys away. 

We love you Vienna and can't imagine our lives without you! You bring us so much joy, we are so thankful God blessed us with YOU! Happy Birthday Nenna!

The birthday girl. Complete with pink boots and that thumb!

Coming after the camera

Spending the afternoon at one of our favorite places - the park!


Eating Simit (circular bread with sesame seeds - the Turkish equivalent of a bagel) on a park bench compliments of two sweet old ladies.

My kissing kiddos

Love these two together!

Just in case one picture of the kissing cuteness wasn't enough! 

Telling secrets


I think she was pointing at the kitty she saw. Vienna loooooves kitties!


"I'm on top of the world!"  Well, on top of the slide, at least.



My big girl going down the slide all by herself.



I love me some Vienna Rose!


4 comments:

  1. Oh Charity!! What a treasure! I cannot wait to meet your kids in person. And for the record....I think her and Heidi could easily pass for sisters! Happy birthday sweet Vienna!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy birthday, sweet girlie pie! I have a feeling that you and Noemi would be fast friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is adoreable! shep loves clean up time, too - wish we could just pop over for a playdate with you ;)

    and YES we will be happy to take pics of Y! so funny we each get to meet each other's sons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Vienna you are so precious and I love you so much. What good pictures you took of her and Colson. We can hardly wait to hug you all

    ReplyDelete