Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Summer 2016 in America: Week 9

Love these girls so much. So many memories with these two right here!
We had a great evening at Celesta and Gregg's house with Brit and Justin too! They made us an amazing dinner, the kids had a blast playing in their yard and we had fun sitting and chatting on their patio!


We went to Woodcrest Retreat one afternoon and swam in the pool and went down their super fun water slide!



My mom took us to Ballocity - and I think this picture pretty much sums up how much fun the kids (and Joel and I) had!

Mom-Mom's little dish washer!


One thing on my bucket list for the summer was to make my Grandma Martin's homemade potato donuts. I remember as a kid that my mom, my aunts and my grandma would get together and have their annual donut making day! I never actually learned how to make them since I was always at school when they did this, but I sure enjoyed eating them. I loved being able to see my kids have so much fun learning how to make my Grandma's donuts - and of course eat them too!




Walking through Uncle Jordan's pumpkin patch

Excuse the almost naked baby in this picture -  I am thankful that we got to squeeze in some time with these guys!

Isn't my mom the cutest!

Another favorite from the summer was being able to go fishing with Uncle Jordan and cousins, Eve and Paxton. These guys caught 20-some fish!

Joel wanted to get a family picture in the rain. I just love it! And I love my husband who keeps things fun and my kids who are good sports even though the rain was cold and poor Vienna was shivering :)

An evening at the ball field by the elementary school that I went to!

Jordan and Rachael put the coolest swing up in the huge tree in their front yard and I enjoyed swinging on it one summer evening. I remember climbing up high in this tree when I was a kid

No comments:

Post a Comment