On November 10th we celebrated Isaiah's first birthday! Has it been a year already? It seems like just yesterday our midwife, Thalia, was shooing us out the door to go on a date only to have us return early for this little cutie to be born. I just adore everything about this picture from his cute little smile to the way his has his fingers tucked into his pockets! Love him!
I can't get enough of this picture of my Nenna, she is the sweetest!
I love love love our lazy weekend mornings eating breakfast together without having to rush everyone out the door for school.
Now, let me introduce you to my friend, Megan. Isn't she lovely?
I first met Megan about a year and a half ago on the internet, of all places! We met through blogging and then started emailing because they were thinking about moving to Turkey and she had some questions about life here and such. Well anyway, Megan and her sweet family ended up moving here in August (though not to our city - BOO!) and we started emailing more frequently.
What was once just an online friendship turned into a real life friendship when their family came to visit with us for 3 days a couple weekends ago. I was so nervous before they came because I only knew Megan through her emails and I wondered what she would think of me in real life and if she would even like me! Haha. I should not have been nervous, it felt like we'd known them forever! Our kids had fun playing together - everyone just hit it off! And we stayed up WAY too late talking and laughing! It was seriously SO MUCH FUN!
We are so thankful for them and for how God has connected our two families. They are truly amazing people with such big hearts and we look forward to many more fun times together.
I've just been so blessed by Megan's friendship because living here can be discouraging and lonely and it has been so good for my soul to have a friend that is in the same stage of life as I am with raising young kids and who gets how hard doing that can be in a foreign culture. It's so nice to have someone that can relate! Now, if only we could convince them to move to our city . . . ;)
Thanks for such a fun weekend Brock and Megan (and Sawyer and Nash) We can't wait to do it all again in February!
.jpg)
.jpg)
+(1280x850).jpg)
+(2).jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
+(2).jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment