The weather is starting to warm up here and it has been so good for my soul! This winter was really hard for me. It was cold and rainy which just made it hard to get out a lot with a newborn, especially without a car.
But spring is here and I feel like we're finally coming out of this hard season and it's so good to see an end in sight.
Living in Turkey has been anything but easy. We live in such a spiritually dark climate and we feel that every.single.day. There were so many times this last year when I flat out told God, "That's it, I can't take this anymore! Get me outta here, I just want to go home." I felt like we were just hanging on by our fingernails.
But God was and is faithful. Even when it didn't always feel like it at the time, He was there, walking us through some very difficult times. And for awhile now I've just been praying for God to renew my passion for this place, these people.
Without even realizing it, my heart had become hard, but God has been softening it and reminding me of why we are here. And I feel like I can finally say that I have excitement about being here again and hope for what God is doing! And it's good. God is good! And there is SO much need in this place and God has brought us here for such a time as this!

oh charity, how i would love to be there with you guys! maybe someday. i will continue to pray for you and your family, that God would continue to soften your heart and give you and joel clear direction. God is so faithful and i love how He is our strength in our weakness! He knows exactly how much we can handle and when we feel at the end of our rope, He is there to pull us through! What an awesome God we serve!
ReplyDeleteLove you Charity! Praying for endurance since we know that the testing of our faith develops perserverance! Love you, love you!! And what a cutie pie little Isaiah is!! Can't wait to meet him!
ReplyDeletepraise God!!!
ReplyDeleteso glad your heart is feeling lighter. you're wonderful.
ReplyDelete