Wednesday, May 14, 2014

At the beginning of March Brooks and I traveled to Jordan for two weeks for me to attend an intense language learning course. I was nervous about going because:

a. It was TWO WHOLE WEEKS away from Joel and the rest of my kids!
b. I do not like traveling by myself.
c. It's been a very long time since I was in any sort of formal learning environment.
d. It was TWO WHOLE WEEKS away from Joel and the rest of my kids!

But Joel and I prayed about it and felt like I should do it. I'm thankful for a husband that encourages me and challenges me to do new things. And he was not just willing to keep 4 little kids alive for two weeks, but also to cook, clean, do laundry, help with homework AND host some friends who were visiting. 

It also worked out that I was able to travel to Jordan with a sweet friend and her little girl, which I was so thankful for because, remember, I do not like traveling by myself!

The course was really good, but it was two very full weeks - 80 hours in the classroom - and I received a certificate at the end. I am now a certified language learning adviser!  

The course gave me the tools I needed to go further in my language learning and gave me a boost of confidence that I CAN learn Turkish (and it can be fun)! With the resources I now have I will also be able to help others that are struggling in their language learning.
 

Now for some pictures :)

Brooks and I even got to do a little sightseeing over the weekend! This is in Jerash and I was amazed at how well preserved these ancient Roman ruins are! Jerash is a must see if you are visiting Jordan!

Olive trees are my absolute favorite. I think they are so beautiful!

The view from where we were staying.

My travel buddy and good friend!




In front of the Ajloun Castle








Brooks was at such an easy age to travel with (he was 2.5 months at the time). I wore him a lot and he would take long naps like that!



More of the ruins in Jerash!

Ancient Roman ruins with the modern day city of Jerash in the background.



1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures!! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete