Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Get Bridged Giveaway!!!

So it's about time I did a giveaway on my blog. And what a better time to do it than for the grand opening of our business, Get Bridged. What's that, you say? You didn't know about Get Bridged? Well then, let me tell you all about it and make sure you keep reading till the end because we have an awesome giveaway in store for one of you!

I hadn't blogged a whole lot about Get Bridged before because our vision behind the business had been changing so much and for awhile we didn't even know when we would be opening. 


Our business idea kind of started out as a way for us to work in Turkey, but as God began challenging us in regards to caring for the poor and least of these and aligning our hearts more with His, Get Bridged was birthed.


 Get Bridged Inc. is a not-for-profit charitable organization registered in the state of PA. Our goal is to make people aware of different humanitarian needs around the world and offer them a variety of ways to get involved. We do this through two main ways: One is through buying products from less fortunate artisans around the world and selling them from our online store. Secondly, we come alongside other organizations that are working among the most needy, highlight their cause, and do what we can to raise awareness and finances in order to help them make a difference.

Get Bridged loves to make things multiply! Picture this: you go onto the Get Bridged online store and find a beautiful set of hand crafted coasters, made by a group of artisans in Kenya. You purchase the coasters for $25 and notice that part of your money goes directly back into buying more products from artisans in the future. But it doesn't stop there. There are also three businesses that had made pledges to help an AIDS orphanage in Kenya, and because of your purchase, each business matches your "gift" of $25 and gives that same amount to the orphanage. Because you bought some coasters, you not only get some coasters, but you helped artisans have more business, and the pledging businesses give a total of $75 (3x your gift) to help AIDS orphans! That is multiplication! That is just another way to make a difference!

So here is how you can help spread the word and have a chance to win a Get Bridged sweatshirt and a $100 giftcard for the Get Bridged store.

All you have to do is one (or all) of the following:

1.) Post about Get Bridged on your blog with a link back to here
2.) Post about it on Facebook
3.) Grab the Get Bridged button on the side of my blog and put it on your blog or website

Please be sure to leave me a comment and let me know how many of the above you have done. Each one counts as an entry. Drawing will occur in a week from now!

Make sure you head on over to the website (www.getbridged.org) to learn more about how we work. While you're there, check out the store, buy a beautiful handmade product (or two or three) and spread the word!

 

5 comments:

  1. Yea! I did all three! We should totally be facebook friends though...even though I hardly ever get on there! lol. Hope life is going well for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charity - I did two of them so far. So excited for you guys! I love this idea, I really like the products and will be doing some christmas shopping and possibly some personal shopping *wink* Think of you often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did all three, too! I wanted to tell everyone anyway, and the giveaway is just an added bonus! I have already put a few of the items on my Christmas wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted on my blog and fb. What a great idea. I especially like the idea of buying their products and re-selling them and encouraging in that way. May God bless the works of their hands and all your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. char.. can someone just order the sweatshirt??

    ~heather

    ReplyDelete